Monday, June 9, 2008

Law School Days Are Here Again...

Plus or minus 24 hours, law classes will begin.

My body is starting to "feel" the vibe as I am having intermittent migraine -- talk about being totally psyched!

I've prepared my notes and law books I'll be using this semester. The entire duration of my vacation was spent doing things I am normally deprived of as well as having nightmares of getting debarred.

Law school is indeed a slaughterhouse. The mortality rate is unspeakable. I've lost a lot of friends either because their average did not reach the Quantitative Point Index or QPI or they failed half of the load or they've failed nine (9) units or more of their subject/load.

Either way, I am still alive and I think I better learn from the lessons of the past semesters.

It's not too late to make resolutions, eh?

Here's my list:

1. Sleep and Oversleeping


I should stop staying up sooooo late to the point of exhausting myself. Hence, I oversleep.

I should limit my studying time to 1am or 2am then I should hit the sack and wake up around 8am or 9am. Six hours of sleep aint that bad after all.

As a law student, I find that sleep is already a luxury I cannot afford. A beauty rest of eight (8) solid hours is only allowed during Saturday night up to Sunday morning. The eve of Monday is devoted to, of course, nothing else but studying.

If possible, I have to buy a better alarm clock with a louder bell/ring, if not the loudest.


2. WWW maniac


I should, at all cost, stop from hanging out at forum and message boards during school days. I shouldn't be loitering in the cyber space unless I have to download cases or vent out my anger here at my blog.

Argh!

And yes, such prohibition includes YouTube and Movie6 unless it's Saturday night.

3. Turn off the Goddamn TV!


Late night studying sometimes bores &*%#@! out of me. So I tend to grab the remote and surf the channels and that takes the time I have for studying as well as sleeping.

I have to watch the late news but I know I should turn off the TV afterwards (I'll miss American Dad, Family Guy, Cheaters and The Big Bang Theory - boohoo!)

Where's a TiVo when you need one?

Sheeeeeeeeesh.

Under normal conditions, this is one heck of a set of abnormal rules!

Indeed, the life I would give up for love of law school.

No comments: