Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Love You, Sabado!


I know I am not alone in this world when I say that Saturday is such a wonderful day.

I guess this holds true to those Monday to Friday slaves. But despite the fact that I have classes on such day, Saturday remains to be one of my beloved days.


Saturday gives me a certain kind of hope that when I come home after my class, I can stretch on my bed without any care at all; that I can catch up with whatever is on the television and I have a whole day to spend doing the things that I would normally take for granted during the weekdays.


It's not that I don't get to enjoy weekdays. School is fun, don't get me wrong. Despite the never ending supply of gods and demigods, I get to have fun in law school. However, the mental and physical rigors of law school are taking its tolls on me but not to the extent of getting burned.

Saturday is a break from the monotony of my weekdays activities. It's a day when I get to renew my strength for another week ahead of me.


Plus the fact that I have something to look forward to every week like a lover waiting for me to arrive home every night. *wishful thinking*


Some cool facts about Saturday:
  • It was named no later than the second century for the planet (Saturn), which controlled the first hour of that day according to Vettius Valens. The planet was named for the Roman god of agriculture Saturn. It has been called dies Saturni ("Saturn's Day"), through which from it entered into Old English as Sæternesdæg and gradually evolved into the word "Saturday".
  • Saturday is the only day of the week in which the English name comes from Roman mythology. The English names of all of the other days of the week come from Anglo-Saxon polytheism.
  • Saturday is the usual day for elections in Australia and the only day in New Zealand on which elections can be held, and also the preferred election day in the US state of Louisiana.

No comments: