Thursday, May 1, 2008

Musings of An Ex-Neanderthal

After three months of being laptop-less ergo, internet-less, my laptop had been returned to me!

Woohoo!

I'm back to civilization!

And we'd been inseparable even up to now, making up for lost time.

Thanks to Ms. Melissa Patricio-Vergara of BenQ Philippines for all the assistance extended to me and to Aserco (authorized service center of BenQ) for the repair and for bearing with me.

I cannot thank them enough for "bringing back to life" my laptop despite the fact that its warranty had lapsed already.

Me = happy, satisfied and once again, nocturnal and sleepless.

Curse you, world wide web!

***

I haven't set foot in Boracay in my entire existence, honestly.

But as fate would have it, last month, Mo Twister of Magic 89.9 gave me free roundtrip tickets (courtesy of SeAir) to Boracay and Duran Duran concert tickets -- but that concert was another story.

I am happy but NOT that thrilled about that trip. Had it been a Baguio trip (and hopefully, free accommodation, too), I'd be ballistic until now.

But hey, beggars can't be choosers!

Thank you Mo, Mojo and Bianca King (Grace Lee was out of the country that time), Magic and SeAir!

When do I get my tickets?



Re: Baguio

I have a thing about places with colder climate. I thrive best given that condition (law school classrooms, excluded!).

I love beaches and pools but I prefer strolling/walking along Session Road, anytime.

***

I miss my law school buddies -- just hanging out with them at the law library or eating bacon and egg at 11am in Pacific Suites and after class pigging out either at Almer's (when the funds are low -- putek! may utang pa pala ako!), at S.R. Thai (love the grease, dude) or at The Pit (chocolate mudcake -- yum yum!)

Ilang tulog na lang, balik law school na.

Welcome back, migraine!


No comments: