Friday, May 2, 2008

I Heart Corinne Drewery of Swing Out Sisters!


When it comes to music, I prefer classi
c, acid or pop jazz and bossa nova. Being the restless person that I am, I find comfort and relaxation whenever I listen to Everything But The Girl, Sitti and Swing Out Sisters.

I was thrilled when I learned that Swing Out Sisters led by its vocalist Corinne Drewery would be performing here in Manila. However, the cheapskate me got ahead of the SOS fan in me and decided to settle for an upperbox B ticket because I thought that it would suffice -- a presumption I did regret even when the concert had not started that night.


I was thinking of buying binoculars already when I realized how stupid I was for buying such ticket! I was too far from the stage!
Anyhow, I had no other option but to make the most out of my situation.

The concert started quite late. A far cry from what was printed on my ticket that the show would start on time.

Faith Cuneta had to do the front act -- more of a torture on my part. What the hell were the organizers of that concert thinking? They could have gotten Nina or Sitti instead but Faith?


Thirty (30) minutes of agony with Faith Cuneta was how I put it.

***SWING OUT SISTERS in MANILA***


It was sort of bitin for me but definitely, Corinne got me singing and dancing at the same time -- something peculiar for me, I guess.

I never thought that Corinne could hit notes that high. Dang! Wonderful woman!

Choice of songs: I was expecting they would sing their hits but when I learned they were promoting an album, I knew that the "oldies" would take a back seat.

Corinne's voice trembled after singing
Forever Blue. She was about to say something but was immediately cut off when her band started playing for the next song.

Cory Aquino stadium.

She's fascinated by the jeepney and wanted to take one back home.


The barong was uhm... I dont know but it didnt look like one to me. Mukhang sutana, actually.


Bitin pa din ako
.

No comments: